Thursday, March 24, 2022

Super Fish - Chilli & Lime Seafood Soup @ 630 Brew Kopi Coffee Shop in Yishun Khatib [Singapore]

Ever since I restarted my jogging routine a few years ago, the above housing block had been a part of my usual running route. I noticed the change in stalls, and a couple of months ago; even a change in owner with a new name and renovated premises. 

An eye-catching signage attracts attention and I was particularly drawn to this stall by the name of Super Fish. Featuring mouthwatering photos of dishes, I couldn't resist taking a second look the first time I jogged past, and decided to drop by for dinner after a 5-km run a few days back. 

I was looking for something soupy as I already had starch for lunch; and this chilli and lime seafood soup was an appealing match, especially given the fact it had a crown which I assumed to be signature / popular. 

See that metal container with three plastic covers? That's the essence for most of its dishes; I saw her doled out a scoop of liquid for my order and it was similar to those Thai green chilli sauce I had for mookata! 

Here's my chilli and lime seafood soup! I had hard time taking the bowl to my table as the soup was almost filled to almost the brim although I must admit it was a generous bowl that could easily feed two persons with small appetite.

First sip of the soup - one word summed it up; shiok! It was like tom yum soup without the tongue numbing effect that tends to make my lips swollen and churn my tummy! It was appetizing but the spiciness  ands sourness was a bit too much for me. 

However, the soup was a great base for the cabbage which was soaked with the intense spicy and sour flavor that burst with sweetness in every bite! 

Ingredients included two decent prawns, plenty of clams and silky soft smooth tofu. Maybe due to age, I realized I am loving tofu more and more nowadays. Pity I didn't enjoy it in my youth; if not, I would have been blessed with porcelain smooth skin.

In normal fish soup, the sliced fish would have tasted underwhelming as it lacked the firmness I enjoyed, with a texture that was more mushed. The absorption of the chilli and lime soup magically hyped up the flavor, to the extent I could overlook the texture! 

As expected, I couldn't finish the soup! I noticed a number of customers going for the garlic butter fried fish with rice; guess I should give it a try next time.

=====

Address
Block 630, Yishun Street 61, 
Brew Kopi Coffee Shop,
Singapore 760630

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Chilli & Lime Seafood Soup - S$8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment