Thursday, August 12, 2021

Assorted Muffins from Chocolat N' Spice @ Tanjong Pagar Plaza [Singapore]

In the past, I would turn up my nose whenever friends suggested sharing muffins when we were in cafes. Nowadays, it's a 180-degree turn; I am actually quite keen and this had to do with Uggli Muffins

Since then, it was a crusade to try some of the more popular muffin bakeries in Singapore and so far, the list comprised of Uggli MuffinsAJ Delights and SL II Muffin. Adding another bakery to the list today; Chocolat N' Spice

I remember this flagship branch had been at Tanjong Pagar Plaza for a long time and aside from muffins, I can see they have expanded their offerings to include specialty cakes, basque burnt cheesecakes and even pies. 

Whatever the case, my simple mind was only fixated on one thing.

Just the muffins and I went with four flavours on the popularity chart; two banana walnut, two orange peel & raisins, one chocolate chip and one cheese. Six in one box and size wise; comparable to SL II Muffin.

First to check out was the banana walnut as the flavour is usually in elevated demand and often sold out! Hence, when I saw it available at Chocolat N' Spice; I knew it's best to grab two first. One part of me wasn't willing to order more given that there was still the risk I might not like it. 

As usual, I love to toast my muffins! I think some of you might have gauged my style of eating muffins; the top and bottom are two separate entities! To be honest, I didn't quite like the banana walnut and this was due to the small pieces of  pale-looking, mushy banana inside.  

Second time; I input a slightly longer toasting time for the chocolate chip, and cheese muffins, resulting in a slightly darker top which was visually more enticing for me! 

The two entities again; batter was the same and the difference was more the flavourings and the added stuff like cheese, chocolate chips. Unlike SL II Muffin, the top was smooth with a crispy crust I totally enjoyed! Personally, the crumbly, crunchy crust from the muffins at SL II Muffin tasted even better although pricing wise, Chocolat N' Spice was a better deal. 

Inside was moist and soft; it wasn't too sweet too! Out of the four flavours I secured, my favourite was orange peel & raisins! Pity there wasn't any photos as I devoured them separately, and so quickly I didn't have the chance to take photos. 

A week later, I went to purchase another box! You can actually freeze them for a few months; before indulging, bring them out to the non-freezer section the night before, and toast them in the oven / airfryer for a few minutes. 

=====

Address
1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, 
#01-18, Singapore 082001

Map
As above.

Addresses of Other Branches
As above.

Website

Price List for Muffins
As above.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Love the cranberry muffin! Fluffy and nice. Recommend to buy. Not too sweet, perfect!

    ReplyDelete