Saturday, August 21, 2021

Hup Hup Mee Siam @ 80 Circuit Road Market & Food Centre [Singapore] #80ciruitroadhawkercentre

80 Circuit Road Market & Food Centre - I ever visited once more than ten years ago but left without any food for an early dinner as it served mainly the morning crowd, and google wasn't as informative then.

With just about sixteen food stalls in total, it's considered one of the smallest hawker centers in Singapore! And the reason for my patronage was attributed to a posting by Hawkers United - Dabao 2020, that, strangely, often appeared on my facebook newsfeed.

Mee Siam from Hup Hup. Frankly, I have a love-hate relationship with this local dish. On one hand, I used to go crazy over it and could have it on a weekly basis. On the other hand, my body reacted quite badly after I ate it; I would sweat excessively and the symptoms I hate most would be a grinding stomach and fever.

But this mee siam from hup hup was said to be ranked amongst the top ten in Singapore and I decided to pray or the best, and brave the symptoms, if any. Some of you might remember I just blogged about an unsatisfying mee siam at Chinatown Complex. I sure hope this would be better.

It absolutely deserved its placing on the top ten mee siam in Singapore! Full of peanut flavour, the thin gravy was addictively sour with a manageable spiciness that ended nicely on a touch of light sweetness. For added oomph and elevated spiciness, remember to mix in the aromatic, sambal chilli! 

Loving the gravy-soaked tau pok and the operator didn't stinge on the ingredients; the serving was substantial for just S$3.00 and I was given one hardboiled egg! I was relishing every single scoopful into my mouth and can't wait to return for another bite.

Delicious and so, so shiok! While I did sweat buckets with my head appearing like I just had a shower, I am glad I didn't get the stomach-churning effect and the fever. Which means I should indulge more! 

=====

Address
80 Circuit Rd, #02-14, 
80 Circuit Road Market & Food Centre,
Singapore 370080

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
6.00 am to 2.00pm
(Closed on Tuesdays)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Mee Siam - S$3.00

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:26 PM

    yummy! super good blog content. I have been eating their food for 10 years, I love their food too especially their meesiam, laksa and lor mee, and heard their orh nee is good too! do you have a review of their orh nee and laksa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am selective when it comes to laksa! fav is at Yishun; https://cavinteo.blogspot.com/2013/03/yishun-famous-laksa-928-laksa-block-928.html. For orh nee, i would love to check out the one at Hup Hup!

      Delete