Saturday, August 14, 2021

A&W All American Food - Classic Draft Root Beer Float & Waffle with Butter & Syrup @ AMK Hub [Singapore]

A&W returned to Singapore in 2018 after a hiatus of 15 years and I sort of took it for granted that it would be around permanently and never did bother to queue up even though there was so many childhood memories I had in its branches at Ang Mo Kio central and Upper Thomson Road.

The queue at its branch at AMK Hub was manageable earlier this afternoon and I dragged my sister to accompany me despite us having a full roasted delight meal, plus a serving of popiah, less than 30 minutes ago! Say hi to Rooty, A&W mascot, who is also known a the Great American Root Bear! 

Root Beer Float - a must order at A&W but I will opt for the minus-ice-cream option if I feel that my tummy needs to maintain its current waistline or reduce it. Anyway, there are canned versions of A&W root beer available in the supermarkets and in the past, I used to maintain one carton at home as it's my favourite soft drink. 

However, nothing beats the lip-smacking-good combination of draft root beer and frosty mug! One sip and it brought me back to my much younger days, when frost mug root beer was the remedy to a hot day and a lousy mood. Two words; shiok max.

Waffle with Butter & Syrup - my family was more familiar with Chinese cuisine and if memory served me right, my first waffle is likely from A&W even though I didn't remember it bore the imprint of its logo back then. 

Time to release the butter (from emborg) and the hotcake syrup onto the waffle. There was the option for a scoop of ice cream at just a 40-cent top-up; we didn't opt for it as we already had ice cream in our root beer.

Butter was a bit hard and not very spreadable whereas I could always make do with more of the hotcake syrup! I just checked; it cost S$1.00 a pack if I need more. :( 

Crispy, the way I love it! Only issue was that the insides were not substantial enough; it was airy and felt a 'empty'. Whatever the case, it was good enough as a dessert to conclude my earlier lunch. Shall go for the waffle ice cream next time! 

Satisfied! 

=====

Address
53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 
#B1-51/51A, AMK Hub,
Singapore 569933

Website

Menu
As above.

Pricing 
Root Beer Float - S$3.50
Waffle with Butter & Syrup - $7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment