Sunday, August 01, 2021

Seng Bee Fishball Minced Meat Noodle Stall - Bak Chor Mee Dry @ 724 AMK Central Food Centre [Singapore] #amkcenrtalhawkercentre

Thanks to my monthly hair treatment at
Bee Choo; I have been patronizing the hawker centre at Ang Mo Kio Central relatively frequently. This time round, it's the craving for noodles again and I decided to join the short queue for Seng Bee Fishball Minced Meat Noodle Stall.

Frankly, I was so tempted to change to laksa as the color from the laksa pot looked so appealing! But, I am super picky when it comes to laksa and thought that the normal bak chor mee would be a better choice.

At S$3.00, it was a mish-mash of sliced pork, minced pork, meat ball, fish ball, braised mushrooms and a splattering of crispy pork lard; all laying on top of a bed of noodle.

Texture of the mee kia noodle was on the hard side and I was expecting a strong hint of vinegarish taste, which wasn't in existence; thankfully, I had asked for chilli, and that gave the essential flavour for me to devour the strands of noodle.

Taste, in general, was not too bad even though two things stood out; portion was generous for just S$3.00 and the pieces of crispy pork lard were quite good. 

Okay, made it three; surprisingly, I was taken aback by this small bowl of plain looking soup when I took a sip after finishing the noodle. Although light, it had a savoury sweetness I found irresistible!  


======

Address
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
724 AMK Food Centre,#01-33, 
Singapore 560724

Map
As above.

Price
Minced Meat Noodle (Dry) - S$3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment