Saturday, May 22, 2021

The Assorted Muffins at AJ Delights in Alexandra Village Food Centre [Singapore] #alexandravillagehawkercentre

With no dine-in allowed for the next few weeks, no thanks to the enhanced measures for Phase 2 (Heightened Alert); I was wondering where I should go for my half day, afternoon leave last Thursday.

 I decided to drop by Alexandra Village Food Centre! It's a been a while since my last visit and my arrival at the strange timing of 3.00 pm had its reason; the stall I am going to visit was said to start operations only in the afternoon, and only for a few hours.

AJ Delights; came strongly recommended from a friend who enjoys eating muffins, I was so worried that they would be sold out as the queue was said to be long back when dine-in was allowed and I am mindful that the hawker centre is quite popular in the area.

From what I see, the stall only sells muffins and I thought they should just go with AJ Muffins as their name instead; easier for people to remember, like Uggli Muffins and SL II Muffin

For my Muslim friends, do note the AJ Delights is a halal certified establishment! On an unrelated note, I am quite surprised for my recent interest in muffins as I very much prefer cupcakes in the past and dislike the denser muffin texture. Well, I am at the age where I can affirm that taste changes as we get older.

Six was the maximum number I can purchase; it's not a requirement by the stall. Rather, I had to ensure I don't over-order as that's a lot of carbohydrates and I would rather not jog a longer distance to compensate for the spike in calorie-intake! 

Flavours included double chocolate, chocolate banana, hazelnut chocolate, vanilla chocolate, walnut banana and streusel chocolate. To be honest, still too many for me and I willingly offered three to my elder sister.

Streusel Chocolate - do you know the crumble topping on tarts? The streusel was similar and tasted so good after I heated it in my Ninja Foodi Grill, which has a baked function. 

Inside was quite soft with bursts of chocolate. Unlike SL II Muffin and Uggli Muffins, I thought the sweetness was a little lacking and it didn't smell as aromatic but this would likely appeal to those looking for a "healthier" snack. Remember the three muffins my sister took? Jovyn devoured all three and absolutely loved them. 

Vanilla Chocolate - after a light toast again, the muffin top was crispier and it was a delightful breakfast for me. Maybe I should check out a few online recipes and give them a try in my oven! 

Showing the inside again; not too bad although my favorite part of the muffins would definitely be the top. Check out the tanned crisp at the edges! 

=====

Address
Block 120, Bukit Merah Lane 1,
Alexandra Village Food Centre, 
#01-82, Singapore 150120

Map
As above.

Website

Operating Hours
1.30 pm to 6.00 pm / till sold out
(Closed on Sundays and Mondays)

Pricing
Double Chocolate - S$1.80
Chocolate Banana - S$2.00
Hazelnut Chocolate - S$2.60
Vanilla Chocolate - S$2.00
Walnut Banana -  S$2.00
Streusel Chocolate - S$2.20

No comments:

Post a Comment