Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Joy Kitchen - Mini Laksa @ Berseh Food Centre [Jalan Besar, Singapore] #BersehFoodCentre

Even though my primary objective was the ice kacang from the Hot & Cold Dessert stall; my stomach needed something substantial to quieten down its growling. I walked around the hawker centre and chanced upon Joy Kitchen. 

I don't have any affection for lor mee and it's the mini laksa that attracted my attention. Now, I only like the famous laksa from Yishun block 928 and was keen to try the one from Joy Kitchen simply because a small serving appeals to me, especially with a risk that it might not be worth the calories.

S$2.50 a bowl isn't that cheap, to be honest, and the above photograph was taken to reflect the comparison next to my iPhone pro max. It's indeed a scaled down version and the lakas came with taupok, fish cake, egg and thick bee hoon (the type of noodle I prefer for laksa).

Another picture for your viewing pleasure.

Time to dig in although my first move was to take a sip of the soup. Gravy had a surprisingly thick texture with a noticeable coconut milk flavour that had the double effect of dispersing a nice aroma and making the gravy addictive! 

Honestly, it can give the laksa from Yishun a run for their money, specifically if you hate queueing and don't mind paying about 25% more for the laksa at Joy Kitchen. My only regret was not ordering their original laksa that came in a larger bowl. 

Simply put, the mini version can't satisfy me!

=====

Address
166 Jalan Besar Road, 
Berseh Hawker Centre, #02-36, 
Singapore 208877

Map
As above.

Pricing
Mini Laksa - S$2.50

No comments:

Post a Comment