Saturday, August 07, 2021

The Ice Kacang from the Hot & Cold Dessert Stall @ Berseh Food Centre [Jalan Besar, Singapore] #BersehFoodCentre

When it comes to dining at hawker centres, customers are usually spoilt with choices and even for a greedy person like me; I am well aware of my "limitations" and do not dare to over-order as I dislike wasting food!

Hence, I purposely made a trip down to Berseh Food Centre again when I heard of a terribly good ice kacang from the Great Kon! It wasn't in my radar when I was last there and that's surprising given that my tummy could always make room for desserts after a meal.

Found the stall on the second level of the hawker centre; I did notice it on my first visit but for reasons I can't remember, I didn't opt for desserts. Maybe it was a lack of queue, even though there was a short line this time in my latest visit. 

Those who couldn't seem to find the stall, given the similar signboards filled with mouthwatering pictures of local desserts, can just look for the above signboard stating a simple "Hot & Cold Dessert".

Two bowls of ice kacang - one normal and the other was coconut; there were other flavours like durian, mango, chocolate, strawberry, honeydew, kiwi etc! On second thought, I should have opted for cheng tng; my favourite local dessert.

Left - coconut ice kacang
Right - normal ice kacang

The Great Kon was all praises for the smooth, melt-in-your-mouth texture of the ice kacang and it sure didn't disappoint! I thought they were using a different ice shaving machine but it's the common kind you see at many local dessert stalls! How the hell did the operator manage to make it so good? Furthermore, the sweetness was surprisingly quite muted; beneficial for older people. 

Anyway, the ingredients inside didn't differ from the usual red beans, grass jelly, two pieces of attap chee. Nevertheless, the dessert was incredibly satisfying on a hot day and to me, the normal ice kacang was good enough! 

=====

Address
166 Jalan Besar, #02-58, 
Berseh Food Centre,
Singapore 208877

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Normal Ice Kacang - S$1.80
Coconut Ice Kacang - S$2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment