Monday, August 30, 2021

Ashes Burnnit - Signature Ashes Smash Cheese Burger @ Golden Mile Hawker Centre [Singapore] #goldenmilehawkercentre

For my first visit in many years, I wouldn't be satisfied with just
hokkien mee at Golden Mile Food Centre. I walked a few rounds and decided to cast my lot with Ashes Burnnit; a burger joint with three local branches! 

With six burgers to choose from, I was in a fix as always since the greedy soul in me would love to try everything! Thankfully, only two had the extra labels ; one signature and one best seller. Cheapo me went with the cheaper option, the signature Ashes Smash Cheese Burger.

The name, Ashes Burnnit. sounded like something charred would be coming my way and the first thing you would have noticed would be the charcoal black buns used for all the burgers at the stall! 

Burgers were sold as single or double patties. Since this would be a sample trial for me, a single patty should be more than sufficient, especially when it's not just hokkien mee and burgers that I was looking forward to having.

I am not exactly a French fries lover and could jolly well do without it. However, these were amazingly good; although featuring a thicker cut, the outer layer had that satisfying crisp I couldn't resist! Furthermore, they were freshly fried yet weren't that oily, and served piping hot. 

Ready to take my first chomp! Charcoal bun was surprisingly untoasted; while it was a tad disappointing, the texture was soft and that kind of reduced the disappointment. 

Taste of the patty was good but I did feel the thickness was on the thin side. Nevertheless, you can always opt for the double. What's most interesting about this signature burger was a flavour that's familiar yet seldom added to burgers; the addition of shallots! Melty cheese should be a standard for any burgers!

=====

Address 
505 Beach Road, #B1-24, 
Golden Mile Hawker Centre, 
Singapore 199583

Map
As above.

Website

Pricing
Signature Ashes Smash Cheese Burger - S$5.90

No comments:

Post a Comment