Friday, August 20, 2021

Xin Yi Roasted Delight (鑫壹港式烧腊) in S-11 Food House @ Ang Mo Kio Central (Next to AMK Hub) [Singapore]

It's extremely hard not to get tempted when you see this delicious display of roasted delights. Both my sister and I caved in and decided to settle our lunch at this stall. 

Due to the weird placement of a pillar, this is the best I could do to take a photograph of the stall. Nonetheless, it's not hard to find it as it's the only stall within the coffee shop selling roasted delights and the building that houses it is older than AMK Hub next door! p.s. the one with McDonald's.

Greediness takes precedence over our diet plans; hence, a plate of roasted delights consisting a platter of char siew, roast pork, roast duck and a bowl of dumpling rice. I can't resist not getting rice to go with the meat whereas my sister held steadfast to her diet regime. 

Dumpling Soup - let's start with the soup which was pretty normal when I took a sip. Nothing that wowed me even though the priority would be on the dumplings.

Six dumplings in total and to be honest, too meaty without the expected juiciness. There was a piece of prawn in each dumpling and I bet some chestnuts would improve the flavour and texture.

Mixed Platter - now on the platter of roast delights! My only request was to have char siew and I left it to my sister to decide what to order for the rest of the platter.

Roast duck had a lot of meat, tough, skin was pretty thin without the crispness and aroma I desired from a decent roast duck. Roast pork featured a crunchy top layer and the only issue was that it tasted a tad salty.

Char siew had a great marination (not the best yet definitely above average) but pity, meat wasn't sufficient fatty although I believe you can always request for a fattier cut when you order. 

Don't you love it when the stall operator also passes you a bowl of sweet sauce?! I badly needed it as the rice given to me was plain, old, boring rice and I do need the sweet sauce to perk up the rice and complete my meal. 

=====

Address  
Block 51, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, 
#01-03, S-11 Food House,
Big Mac Center, Singapore 569922

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Mixed Platter - S$12.00
Dumpling Soup - S$4.00
Rice - S$0.50 a plate

No comments:

Post a Comment