Friday, April 30, 2021

Bubble Tea Shops in Northpoint City Mall @ Yishun [Singapore]

Northpoint shopping centre wasn't that huge of a mall when it opened for business in the 1990s but after going through two major expansions; it almost tripled its original size and is now officially known as Northpoint City

While there are many shops now, one thing that caught my attention were the sheer number of bubble tea shops, and that's not counting those outside the mall. I was on leave a few days ago and decided to do a pictorial count.

Tiger Sugar on level one, near bus interchange - famous for their signature brown sugar pearl milk that was delish but could be overly sweet for those looking for a less sinful milk tea. 

Playmade by 丸作 on level one, near bus interchange - started business in Singapore in 2017, I was drawn to the shop because of its grape yakult green tea. It was an expensive indulgence and I eventually made do with a home-made version instead.

Gong Cha on level one, near Starbucks - one of the older brands, with about 1,500 brands worldwide. Took Singapore by storm initially with its delicious milk foam on top of the bubble tea.

LiHO Tea on level one, next to Maybank - the company behind this local bubble tea brand originally owned the franchise for Gong Cha. From memory, I only tried it once but by that age, I had severely cut down on bubble tea.

ShareTea on basement one, opposite Cold Storage; I never tried before despite passing by on quite a number of occasions. Maybe I should as its top seller is the classic milk tea.

CHICHA San Chen (吃茶三千) on basement one - with a shopfront that's easy to miss unless you walk past, this brand is one of the most popular bubble tea brands in Singapore now, with fans heaping praises on the quality of the tea leaves. 

iTea on basement two, along the new underground passage from Yishun MRT station to the bus interchange - business always appears to be good for this shop and I heard it's really value for money.

The Alley, also on basement two, along the new underground passage from Yishun MRT station to the bus interchange - one of the newest bubble tea shops in Northpoint, it's a brand I have heard before and would be keen to give it a try.

Xing Fu Tang (幸福堂), also on basement two, along the new underground passage from Yishun MRT station to the bus interchange - also one of the newest bubble tea shops in Northpoint, I think I should check out their signature oolong milk tea! 

Koi, on basement two, opposite NTUC Fairprice - easily one of the most popular bubble tea brands with about 36 outlets in Singapore (and another branch in the next building, at Yishun Ten), I still remember how much I enjoy their oolong milk tea in the past, when they first started operating in the little red dot! 

Nine Fresh (九鲜), on basement two, near Koi - famous for its taro ball signatures which are desserts rather than beverages, I decided to add this store in as they do sell decent tasting bubble milk tea! 

So did you do a count? I did and there are eleven bubble tea shops in Northpoint City! There could be more as I didn't bother adding in restaurants like Feng Taiwanese Food that served bubble teas too. Are Yishunians that crazy about bubble teas?!  

2 comments: