Saturday, May 01, 2021

Aburi-EN in Vivocity - Wagyu Karubi Don, Asari Miso Soup & Sumibi Chicken Yaki @ Singapore #vivocity

I seriously think
Aburi-EN should consider adding cute cow lanterns to its decor as I honestly thought, initially, its signature meat was pork when beef is also featured strongly on their menu! 

It was a porky bowl of enjoyment in my last visit at its somerset branch but this time, the chef-recommended wagyu karubi don caught my attention, together with the sumibi chicken yaki. It was a pork-filled meal last round and this time, I shall focus on other meats. 

Asari Miso Soup - a top-up to the main meal, I assumed this would be more than just miso soup but it turned out to look the same when I removed its cover! 

Fret not as I did get quite a number of clams in the soup which unfortunately didn't differ much in taste from typical miso soup. 

Sumibi Chicken Yaki - when the hot plate was placed on my table, I was immediately drawn to its smoky aroma; gosh, I miss my barbecue sessions at Yishun Dam when I still had a car! 

Each piece was grilled perfectly, a bit of burnt bits with the meaty chicken meat retained both tenderness and juiciness! The marination appeared to be simple salt and pepper which I personally feel resulted in a rather bland flavour. 

Wagyu Karubi Don
-  I can't afford the Japanese wagyu and shall make do with the Australian wagyu! As can be seen, I can't even see the bed of grade-A, Japanese rice from Hokkaido. 

Love the thickness of the beef! Each slice gave so much satisfaction I am more than willing to just have the beef and ignore the rice! Aside from the delectable grilled aroma, the sauce was definitely a dealbreaker; it's like the sauce from McDonald's Samurai burger, albeit less sweet yet more flavourful. 

Premium Buta Bara Don - I persuaded Alex to order this instead so that I could steal a few bites! Strangely, it wasn't as good as the one I had at the somerset branch

=====

Address
1 Habourfront Walk,
#01-159/160, Vivo City,
Singapore 098585

Website

Order List (Food)
As above.

Pricing
Asari Miso Soup - S$2.80
Sumibi Chicken Yaki - S$8.80
Wagyu Karubi Don - S$19.00
Premium Buta Bara Don - S$16.00
(Subject to GST and Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment