Saturday, April 17, 2021

House of Prawn (蝦之家) - Prawn Noodle Dry @ Ghim Moh Hawker Centre [Singapore] #ghimmohhawkercentre

The one worrying thing about my health is likely the cholesterol level that I had managed to control a few years ago; however, I have been eating seafood quite liberally in recent months and it's a nagging thought that I should just go participate in the health screening exercise conducted by the organisation I worked for. 

But before then, let's continue with our food bingeing and in relation to my first paragraph; it's a meal at the House of Prawn (蝦之家) at Ghim Moh Hawker Centre! 

My order - prawn noodle dry with mee pok. To be honest, I am not really into soupy stuff unless the weather is cold and when there's option for mee pok and mee kia, generally reserved for dry noodle, I would likely take it.

Awwwww! The addition of fried shallots and pork lards was an immediate visual appetizer although the latter didn't taste that fresh. Oh well, so long they haven't gone soft and bad, which would have been even more off-putting.

Didn't feel like the typical mee pok I am accustomed too; texture was hard but thanks to the sauces it was mixed with, the taste was palatable. Their signature leek fish cake was surprisingly tender; nothing's perfect as I found the flavour a bit on the bland side. 

Leaving the prawns to the last; as you would have gauged from the initial photo showing my noodles, the prawns were of a good size and the meat was fresh and crunchy! Utter shiokness! 

The prawn broth was not as sweet as expected even though the taste was decent enough for a not-so-picky-me. As you can see, I drank up everything.

=====

Address
20 Ghim Moh Road, #01-62,
20 Ghim Moh Road Market & Food Centre
Singapore 270020

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
6.00 am to 8.00 pm

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Prawn Noodle (Dry) - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment