Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Mian Jia Noodle Bar (麺家料理) - Prawn in Lobster Supreme Broth Noodle @ Holland Village [Singapore]

Without recommendation from friends, I doubt I would ever check out 
Mian Jia Noodle Bar at Holland Village; reason being there are too many eateries in that area and I am more a hawker-centre fan. 

Can't wait to step into the air-conditioned eatery as it was so bloody hot! Decor had a bit of that Hong Kong feel with the shop's name lighted in neon on the ceiling and the display of an uncommon Chinese term for the washroom. 

The eatery is famous for its Live Boston Lobster Broth Noodle and they said to be flown in live daily! Since you would need to keep them anyway, why not just put them in tanks right at the entrance! 

Scanning the QR code to view the menu and make order directly! To be honest, I am old school as it just feel much more enticing when you have large pictures of mouthwatering dishes staring at you and asking you to give them a chance.

Anyway, we noticed a promotion for "Prawn in Lobster Supreme Broth Noodle" and decided to give it a try since it's buy one, get one free! Please note that the incredible deal 
has ceased as of 23 March 2021.

Taiwan Soy Milk - when I ordered this, I was totally not expecting it to come from a can! It's not that cheap at S$2.80 a can and I think it's somewhat the same taste as our local favourite; Yeo's Soy Bean Milk drink! 

Prawn in Lobster Supreme Broth Noodle
- At point of order, you can choose your noodles (one out of four), spicy level (from non spicy to less spicy and spicy) and whether you want to upsize noodle or soup; note that the upsize is available at a charge, respectively. 

My thin noodle tasted just like those ramen noodle; had bite, nice and slurpy; thanks to the delicious broth! Said to be made daily after simmering the content for four hours, I am aware that whole prawns were likely the essential ingredients to make the soup but what caught me by surprise that another important ingredient is chicken feet! 

A key highlight to the meal and once that I found to be unforgettable would be the handmade prawn balls. Unlike those lousy ones you get from the supermarket, the inside was filled with springy prawn meat and was an absolute delight in every bite! 

Leaving the prawns for the last.... 
Fresh and succulent. 

There's even a bowl for you to discard the prawns' head and shell. As you can see from my bowl, it was satisfying even though I am unsure if I would pay the original price for the same noodle. Maybe I can try their dry noodles next time! 

=====

Address
19 Lorong Liput,
Holland Village,
 Singapore 277732

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
11.00 am to 10.30 pm

Website
https://www.mianjianoodle.com/

Pricing
Taiwan Soy Milk - S$2.80
Prawn in Lobster Supreme Broth Noodle - S$17.90
(Subject to GST Only)

No comments:

Post a Comment