Monday, April 26, 2021

Weak and Sore Shoulder - Let's See if Bloodletting (Traditional Chinese Medicine) would Help

For the past few weeks, I have been nursing a sore and weak left shoulder and I decided enough is enough; the polyclinic said it's not a major issue and I headed for acupuncture via the traditional Chinese medicine mode instead.

The physician suggested bloodletting instead and the above was the result! I didn't manage to take any photograph as I was lying flat down although I did feel the soreness of an acupuncture with one needle, then a lot of needles and finally the suction of the cup.

More bloodletting and with me sitting up; it's easier to take pictures! As you can see, the blood were oozing from the needle holes which were a result of this staple-like equipment that rapidly pierced through my skin! 

Another cup had an attached tube stuffed with paper towel and cotton wool. As you can see, the one without the tube had amassed quite a bit of blood. 

After removal; I bet the area would start bruising tomorrow. To be honest, I was all prepared for a bit of suffering, so long my shoulder can regain its strength and I can continue with my push-ups.

The two cups, with my blood in it. 

According to the physician, there were blood clots and bloodletting would improve blood circulation and help alleviate the symptoms my shoulder was feeling. I am not as convinced about the blood clots as blood coagulates shortly after it is exposed. What the case, my wish is simple; please make my shoulder well again.

2 comments: