Monday, April 05, 2021

Happy Garden Prawn Noodle (Dry) @ 724 AMK Central Food Centre [Singapore] #amkcenrtalhawkercentre

I had a clear objective; to check out other hawker centres in Ang Mo Kio after my hair treatment at the town centre last Saturday. But the above long queue at 724 AMK Central Food Centre caught my attention! 

Hesitating whether to proceed with my sister's suggestion to check out the hawker centre that's about a 20-minute walk away; a look at what the stall (Happy Garden) sells resulted in an expression of disappointment. Prawn noodle, lor mee and pork ribs noodle; soupy stuff that didn't appeal to me on a hot day. 

But something else scrambled my thought; someone who was leaving the stall and holding on to a bowl of prawn mee pok! Now I am keen, as I do have a stronger craving for mee kia or mee poh! Peering over the stall, I was ecstatic to indeed find mee kia / mee poh as an option! 

Wait wasn't too long as I managed to secure my prawn noodle (dry with chilli and tomato sauce) mee poh in less than 15 minutes! Not sure if I have mentioned before, I enjoy mee poh better than mee kia but prefer the former if I am not going to take away. 

At S$3.50 a bowl, I did find the noodle to be on the dry side and lacked the smooth, slurpiness I craved so much from noodles! Overall taste was alright even though I must commend on the fresh and crispy pork lards which were doled out  pretty generously! 

Prawn soup was not bad; albeit not as flavourful as the one from Tian Tian Cooked Food in Chong Pang Hawker Centre. However, I recently got to try another stall within Chong Pang Hawker Centre that's even more delicious! Shall make time to take pictures for blogging in the near future.

======

Address
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
724 AMK Food Centre,#01-06, 
Singapore 560724

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Price
Prawn Noodle (Dry) - S$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment