Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Wingstop - Signature Platter for 2 @ VivoCity [Singapore]

Deep fried food is one of my many weaknesses and I especially adore fried chicken! Hence, it might come as a surprise to some of you that I had never tried the wings from Wingstop even though it started operations in Singapore more than 6-7 years ago.

Late is better than never and I finally got to checking out the eatery a few weeks ago when I paid a visit to its branch at VivoCity, one of ten in the little red dot! 

The lack of research can be a pain in the ass as I was in dilemma on what to order when there were nine flavours for me to choose from; not to also mention there you can choose between boneless wings, classic wings and hand-breaded wings! 

I gave up after a minute of contemplation and opted for the signature platter for two instead; spare me the excessive use of my brain cells after work! Paid for my order, returned back to my table and waited for my queue number to be called for collection. Anticipation; hope the wings were as good as implied on the wet wipe packaging.

Here's our signature platter for two which consisted of five pieces of Louisiana rub classic wings, five pieces of garlic parmesan boneless wings, five pieces of kecap manis hand-breaded wings, coleslaw, Louisiana Voodoo fries, ranch and 2 regular drinks. 

Frankly, it didn't sound like it's a lot. 

Coleslaw - served cold and fresh, it's satisfying to eat, with all the crunch, when the cabbage was shredded not as finely. Although not really healthy with the mayonnaise; I was glad this would still help contribute to my daily vegetables intake.

Louisiana Voodoo Fries - not sure how voodoo the fries were supposed to be as they appeared to be regular thick cut fries with mayonnaise, cheese with a splash of cajun seasoning. 

I like my fries crispy and these were not. In addition, the cajun seasoning didn't appeal to me and I though having just mayonnaise and cheese would already be good enough. p.s. I didn't know the ranch is for the wings; thought it's a dip for the fries! 

Louisiana Rub Classic Wings - one word, peppery.

Nevertheless, such classic wings brought me back to the time when I was a primary school kid and the chicken wings I loved so much from the Malay stall had a similar texture but with an irresistible turmeric flavour! 

Garlic Parmesan Boneless Wings - as the name suggests, boneless wings would be most suitable for those who dislike having to eat chicken using their hands and / or gnawing on bones! 

It's more parmesan cheese than garlic and while the meat was juicy, the flavour didn't wow us and I had to pull in a savior; our familiar chilli sauce to enhance the palatability.

Kecap Manis Hand-breaded Wings - appealed to me most with a nice sweetness mixed in with a dash of spiciness and sprinkled with what appeared to be fried shallots! 

The three flavours reviewed so far were Wingstop's bestsellers in Singapore but if I were to visit again in the future, I would love to try their teriayki, mango habanero or texas buffalo.

Might take a while though as we couldn't even finish the wings despite stuffing myself crazy with them! To be fair to me, the blame was on Alex as he didn't seem to like the flavours and gave up after having just one each. 

Thankfully, we could still ask for takeaway boxes from the collection counter. I wouldn't be able to eat more even if I bring them home; therefore, my parents shall benefit instead. I should ask them what's their review, if they could still remember. 

=====

Address
1 Harbourfront Walk, 
#02-143, VivoCity, 
Singapore 098585

Menu
As above.

Website

Pricing
Signature Platter for 2 - S$27.45 
(Inclusive of GST, No Service Charge) 

No comments:

Post a Comment