Thursday, October 13, 2022

Mixt Chatuchak in 2022 @ Bangkok [Thailand]

I first blogged about Mixt Chatuchak back in 2020 and since then, the world had undergone a massive transformation, with an unprecedented border lockdown from many countries due to COVID-19.

So how did it fare with the re-opened borders?! 
Let me update all of you in this post! 

The ground level was pretty crowded but I am guessing the objective from most people was to get a cool reprieve from the heat in the non-air-conditioned Chatuchak Weekend Market. For me, my aim was lunch at the food court on the highest floor.

Ornamental bird cages for sale! 

Beautiful oriental cage hooks with designs of dragons and phoenixes, and porcelain feeding bowls. I remember that ground floor usually commands the highest rental; hence, I was surprised to see such a shop.

That's not all; right next door was the exotic pets studio! 

As the name suggests, be prepared for some lizards and snakes! Given the name, exotic, this shop obviously attracted a lot of curious stares. 

Most popular was this shop.

Introducing to you; the lion! Of course I am kidding, this would likely be a chow chow. I didn't really loiter too long as I was a tad hungry (Gigi Fried Chicken wasn't filling) and I just clicked the shutter a few times and quickly made my way to the food court.

Sugar gliders specialty shop! I almost got myself a pair of sugar gliders more than ten years ago, back when I was working in a pet store. Anyway, the pricing for one ranged from 1,500 to 2,000 baht.

The noticeably empty second floor, with many shuttered stalls.

An aquarium with stingrays for sale. I am amazed by the proliferation of pet stores within Mixt Chatuchak as I remember there was a pet section at Chatuchak Weekend Market, and rental was expected to be lower.

Lunch at Mixt Chatuchak Food Court, with the view of the Chatuchak Weekend Market in front of us. Dishes I had were the yummy Stir Fried Thai Basil (Kra Pow) with Minced Pork, Fried Egg and Sausage and Banana Chocolate Crepe

Row of kiddy rides, right outside the food court. 

Toy figurines on the same level; I used to be quite fascinated with them, especially those I am familiar with due to the comic books I read, and told myself I would buy them when I am older, with more disposable income.

Adulting was more complicated in reality; many obligations and when I finally got my own home, I realized such figurines were perfect for dust and needed plenty of space, that I could ill-afford.

Auntie Anne's in Bangkok! Singaporeans are crazy over Auntie Anne's whenever we are in Malaysia as the pricing in Singapore was 2.5 times that of Malaysia! 

It's not as cheap in Bangkok although still worth it. Singapore's pricing for cinnamon sugar pretzel would be about S$3.60. Here in Bangkok, about 45 baht (S$1.70). Pasting the menu here for future reference.

This was so adorable; I almost wanted to buy it to adorn the white wall at home. Only issue is its size and nowadays, airlines don't provide ample luggage space, unless I am willing to pay more, which I am unwilling to. 

More crowd on the ground floor after lunch.
Must be the midday heat! 

Some photographs for viewing; to be frank, nothing much that caught my fancy. There were more buzz on the ground floor compared the upper floors and I still maintained that Mixt Chatuchak would be the best place to cool your body should the outdoors be too hot!

Directory of level one; in the past, I recalled there were a few massage parlors on the upper floors but maybe due to the reduced tourist numbers, there weren't any. Maybe with increased tourist numbers, especially in the upcoming end of year period, some would reopen for business. 

=====

Address
8 Kamphaeng Phet 3 Road,
Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand,

Location

As above.

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment