Sunday, October 02, 2022

Dad's Birthday 2022

My dad's birthday is more a muted affair as he isn't much of a foodie and given his thrifty personality; the birthday dinner can even take place in a coffee shop / hawker centre!

As not everyone was free on his actual birthday, we had dinner the day before but still decided to get together, sans my younger sister, for cake cutting. Now that safe management measures are more relaxed, it's nice to have a bigger group! 

It's actually his 70th birthday and I actually hope to be able to bring him overseas, as his birthday present. Sadly, Taiwan has just opened up for tourism and it's likely only next year that the tour packages would be more firmed up. Furthermore, people from my parents generation have a strict work ethic and despite having annual leave, their preference would be to encash them. 

Singing song time! 
And the candle blowing finale.

Cake cutting! As children, I am always worried about two things; whether I am spending quality time with them and their upcoming medical bills when they get older. It's easy to attain the first one whereas for the second, I can only hope they remain healthy as long as they could! 

We got the mango princess cake from Chateraise again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment