Saturday, October 15, 2022

Eggciting Toast & Don - Korean-Style Egg Sandwiches @ Chong Pang Hawker Centre in Yishun [Singapore] #chongpanghawkercentre

A new stall just started business at Chong Pang Hawker Centre a few weeks ago and I was excited as I happened to jog past its old location a few months ago, and told myself, then, to give it a try soon; which never materializes due to its short operating hours. 

Eggciting Toast & Don
 is now a lot nearer to where I live, and I finally got to try last weekend. To be frank, I am unsure how the local clientele (mostly elderly) would take to Korean-style egg sandwiches but given that Yishun isn't your conventional town, who knows!

Helmed by Ms Lynna Yon, a hairstylist-turned-housewife-turned hawker, the stall offered more than just egg sandwiches! There were even dons and oden, which I could only order in future visits as I only had one small tummy.

Make your order, pay for it and collect your buzzer! 

I waited more than 15 minutes for my Beef Shabu Premium Korean Toast! Handed to me like a plain sandwich in a paper wrap, the above photo didn't appeal visually. Let's angle down the sandwich. 

Look at that generous amount of beef! That immediately whet my appetite and I couldn't wait to sink my teeth right through the edible contents comprising simply of toasts, lettuce, omelette and a choice of up to two sauces (thousand island mayo, Japanese mayo, honey mustard, sweet Thai sauce, chilli sauce and nacho cheese).

Toast was lightly toasted; wasn't overly thick and I enjoyed its soft texture. Shabu beef was no doubt delicious, sweet and it's an utter enjoyment chewing through the sinful fats! I think I did make the right choice for honey mustard as everything just came about perfectly! 

You might have noticed I haven't touched on omelette yet. As per photograph above, Ms Yon definitely didn't stinge on the egg. However, I personally feel that a sunny side up (or two) would be a better replacement. The omelette was fine; just that it could be better, for the local context.

Whatever the case, it was still a satisfying bowl and I couldn't wait to try out the don! One caught my attention; their signature braised pork don! 

=====

Address
Block 105, Yishun Ring Rd, 
Chong Pang Hawker Centre
#01-145, Singapore 760105

Map
As above.

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
Beef Shabu Premium Korean Toast - S$5.90

No comments:

Post a Comment