Friday, October 07, 2022

Stir Fried Thai Basil (Kra Pow) with Minced Pork, Fried Egg and Sausage @ Mixt Chatuchak Food Court in Bangkok [Thailand]

I was still hungry after Gigi Fried Chicken and by the time it was lunchtime; the famished monster in my stomach was already in a state of derangement, although I still couldn't decide what to have in the food court at Mixt Chatuchak

Finally, I made my choice as the above stall had the longest queue. Serving pad kra pow (stir fried thai basil), I was apprehensive as I had tried kra pow in Singapore before and felt that it was just super spicy, and nothing else that would entice me to have it again. 

But I am in Thailand and quality would likely be a lot more authentic; with options for sausage, fish, seafood, crispy pork etc. It's also reassuring to see a queue in this touristy area that had yet to recover from the pandemic.  

The kind of fried egg I like! 
Gooey centre with crisp edges! 

Order no 3; Stir Fried Thai Basil with Minced Pork, Fried Egg and Sausage. Those pieces of red hot chilli skin were so intimidating! I bet I would sweat buckets! 

Every mouthful enticed me to take an additional bite! The spiciness was a given but unlike the first time I had pad kra pow, the savory sauce in this instance was a lot more appetizing, together with the interesting basil flavor, that made you want to eat more rice to even out the hotness from the chilli. 

Honestly, the sausage was the least exciting and I think I am good enough with just the basics; the rice, the minced pork with thai basil, and fried egg.

Max satisfaction, especially with the view of chatuchak weekend market in front of me! p.s. didn't finish the rice as I was mindful of my starch intake. I am craving for kra pow now! :(

=====

Address
8 Kamphaeng Phet 3 Rd, 
3rd Floor, Mixt Chatuchak,
Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Kra Pow w Minced Pork, Fried Egg and Sausage - 60 Baht


No comments:

Post a Comment