Monday, December 13, 2021

Jin Le Claypot Rice (金乐砂锅饭) @ @ Yummy Food Link (Woodlands Block 111) [Singapore]

I heard from a friend that the most popular stall at Yummy Food Link (Woodlands block 111), where I previously reviewed its herbal roasted duck and roast pork, is Jin Le Claypot Rice, which usually commands a line in the evening! 

An arrangement was made to meet up with this same friend for a late lunch. My friend's break was at 3.00 pm, way past the lunch peak and while I was glad to see a no-queue situation; it still felt a bit disconcerting. What if the claypot rice didn't appeal to me?! 

Whatever the case, never try, never know and it's nice to know that this claypot wouldn't burn a big home in my pocket at just S$5.00 a portion, although eventually, it was my friend who kindly gave me a treat. I am always blessed to have family and friends who love to feed me. 

Collection of our food once the 'pager' beeped! Yes, I was greedy and opted for claypot sesame oil chicken too. My friend recommended claypot dried chilli chicken but I was afraid it might be too spicy for my liking.

Claypot Sesame Oil Chicken - I should have gone with my friend's suggestion as this was just full of sauce that didn't manage to express the addictive aroma and distinctive flavor of sesame oil. Chicken meat was pretty tender though. 

Claypot Chicken Rice - unlike some claypot rice stalls, both the oil and the black sauce were already added and the only 'hard work' was just to mix everything up! 

Maybe I took some time to take photos but even then, I was surprised to find a thick layer of charred rice. I might be someone who enjoyed a bit of char but this was a bit too much to stomach as charred products are naturally bitter and this would affect the food flavor in large quantity. 

Thankfully, I managed to salvage most part of the rice and the overall flavor was good; enveloped with a nice, smoky fragrance, there were plenty of delicious Chinese sausages that weren't overly dry, juicy boneless chicken and sweetness that was just right! 

=====

Address
Block 111, Woodlands Street 13, 
#01-74, Yummy Food Link
Singapore 730111 

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Claypot Sesame Oil Chicken - S$5.00 each
Claypot Chicken Rice - S$5.00 each

No comments:

Post a Comment