Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Smitten Ice Cream Bar - Halal Certified @ Simpang Bedok [Singapore] #halal

Ever since I scrapped my car, I don't travel that much for food and it's thanks to the Great Kon that we got to check out Simpang Bedok recently, which had changed quite a bit over this past six, seven years.

Finally an ice cream parlor that isn't located in Yishun; Smitten Ice Cream Bar! Opened in 2020, it's halal certified; for sure, you wouldn't get any boozy ice cream. Not an issue for me given that I am not a fan except for maybe rum and raisin.

18 flavors to choose from; with interesting ones like purple yakult, ondeh ondeh, atas paddle pop etc. Once again, I need to vent that it's harder to make a decision without any sampling, that was stopped due to the pandemic! Damn the virus.

Root Beer Float & Lychee Float - I might have ordered my usual tea if I were sat indoors but the outdoor required a colder beverage! The lychee float tasted better as the ice cream thrown in was likely their refreshing lychee ice cream which intensified the fruit flavor.

In comparison, the root beer float was just normal; still as thirst quenching although I can't help noticing there was a lot more bubble foam than the actual root beer! 

Brownie with Two Scoops of Ice Cream - plating is important and I think it's a mistake to use such a large plate! Why didn't I opt for waffle? Because the wait was at least 30 minutes! 

Let's review the two scoops of ice cream; the Speculoos and the purple yakult! The former was rich and had delicious bits of biscoff cookies. Enjoyable.

Purple Yakult - the Yakult (a brand selling probiotic cultured milk drink) in Singapore has five flavors and my favorite is the purple (grape) one. Hence, it's a no brainer I would choose it. Sadly, it didn't elicit the wide-eyed expression I was hoping for. It was creamy alright but tasted like those super artificially grape-flavored sweet / cream. 

Heavenly Brownie - served warm, this wasn't too dense, pretty chocolatey and every bite guarantee a piece of the walnut. I have been waiting to try baking brownies but I am seriously all confused over the various types! 

=====

Would love to try the waffle next time.
And no purple yakult! 

Address
348 Bedok Rd, #01-11, 
Bedok Shopping Complex
Singapore 469560

Map
As above.

Website
https://www.smittenicecreambar.sg/

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Root Beer Float - S$5.80
Lychee Float - S$5.80
Heavenly Brownie - S$4.80
Two Scoops - S$7.20
Premium Flavor - Add S$0.60 each
(Nett)

No comments:

Post a Comment