Friday, December 31, 2021

Hougang Ming Ji Wanton Noodle @ Albert Centre Hawker Centre [Singapore]

Adventure isn't on my mind whenever I visit Bugis. There are just too many dining establishments and the boring me would go for my usual; maybe the Singapore Famous Rojak or Queen Street Goreng Pisang, or Temple Street Lei Cha for something more substantial.

The Great Kon is always on the lookout for new food and our recent makan gathering; he decided to check out Hougang Ming Ji Wanton Noodle, even though we already had a filling vegetarian Japanese meal, and sharing pig trotter rice (can't do without meat)! 

Let's begin with soup; I normally don't talk about the wanton soup or even the wantons as they are just not worth the trouble. Sometimes, I don't understand why it's called wanton noodle as the wantons never seem to be the star. 

While the soup was nothing to scream about; I think there were like 6-7 small wantons inside (Kon topped up S$1) and they tasted above average with soft dough skin and at least a pinky-sized amount of meat inside! 

Now on the wanton noodles; Kon with the signature which included pork ribs and chicken feet. Alex and I were more accustomed to plain, simple wanton mee with char siew so didn't try and can't comment much on both the ribs and feet.

One look and I knew the char siew wouldn't be my cup of tea. 
I have always prefer char siew that are fatty and more charred.

Noodles were great; springy and went perfectly with the tomato sauce, and yummy pork lard! You can also choose to have it with black soya sauce which would be the more Malaysian style. Not the best wanton mee but I would hit this stall again if the craving strikes and I happen to be in Bugis.

=====

Address 
270 Queen St, #01-60, 
Albert Centre Hawker Centre
Singapore 180270

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Signature Wanton Noodle - S$5.50
Top up Wanton Soup - S$1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment