Friday, September 24, 2021

Jimmy People's Park Fried Kway Teow @ Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre [Singapore] #bedokinterchangehawkercentre

My intention was just to get some
fried bananas from Lee Kee at Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre but that irresistible aroma of char kway teow from the above stall enticed me to order a plate, even though I had already devoured a plate of wanton noodle from Tong Aik just 30 minutes earlier! 

One thing I didn't like; it was indicated on the signboard that a plate of char kway teow cost S$3.00 / S$4.00 but the person taking the order automatically asked to collect S$4.00, without even the slightest courtesy to ask if we want "big" or "small". 

Not a pushover nowadays; I clarified if the S$3.00 was unavailable and the reply was that I can still order the "small" portion. Serving size was expectedly little but my objection was just to try and not to overstuff my stretched tummy.

Verdict: it was enveloped with wok hei but lacked sweetness, which might not necessarily be a bad thing for those who can't stand sweet char kway teow. One thing I did enjoy was that the operator didn't stinge on the eggs. Worth a try if you are sharing with friends although I wouldn't count on it as a full meal.

=====

Address
207 New Upper Changi Rd, #01-47, 
Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre,
Singapore 460207

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Fried Kway Teow - S$3.00 

No comments:

Post a Comment