Thursday, September 30, 2021

Sin Cuisine (新一代) - Not Your Ordinary Roast in Happy Hawkers Coffee Shop @ 531 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 [Singapore]

I just had lunch at Cheng San hawker centre and was exploring the neighborhood when I strolled past the roasted delight stall at Happy Hawkers coffeeshop. The four faint English words caught my attention: "not your ordinary roast".

The roasted delights behind the glass display did look pretty ordinary though but the four-word sentence was a challenge that I couldn't step away from. Patting my bloated tummy; I ordered a dual mix rice at S$5.00.

It was a hard decision to make as I already had carbohydrates for lunch earlier and having rice again within an hour would have derailed my dieting plan! It turned out to be blessing in disguise though.

Most roasted delight stalls would have given plain and boring white rice. Not here at Sin Cuisine; it served chicken rice and it was delicious! Not overly oily yet surrounded with an intense chicken rice aroma. 

My dual mix rice consisted of char siew and roast pork. If you prefer a bigger variety, there was a triple mix rice which would include an additional portion of roast chicken.

The roast pork was not overly fatty and came with a thin layer of crispy crust. Only issue was that it was too salty for my liking. I really miss the epic roast pork from Restoran Sin Keong Kee; hopefully the border to Malaysia will be opened soon! 

Frankly, this kind of meaty texture for char siew would be a no-go as the iconic smoky char siew flavour would not likely be infused all the way in. The char siew here proved me wrong; not only were they juicy and tenderized but the taste of char siew oozed out with every bite! Indeed "not your ordinary roast".

Guilt forced me to abandon the chicken rice. :(
It's just too much carbohydrates that day. 

=====

Address
531 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, 
#01-2429, Happy Hawkers Coffeeshop,
Singapore 560531

Map
As above.

Facebook Page

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Dual Mix Rice - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment