Saturday, September 04, 2021

Finally Changed My Computer Table

It's been five years since I moved in to my own place and there had been one thing I was dying to change as the item, purchased via taobao.com, didn't meet my expectation! 

I locked in for pure white and the delivered product was purple white! Personally, it was an eyesore for the past few years but I didn't want to waste money by throwing it away. Hence, with the stability of the table getting increasingly bad in recent months; it's a perfect excuse for me to get a new one! 

As I didn't want to trouble the housekeeping team for the estate, I decided to dismantle the computer table myself earlier this morning. 100% satisfaction as each piece was taken out and I didn't have to hammer to break up the pieces.

Usually not a neat freak, it's weirdly pleasing to separate metals from wood. Oh well, I remember seeing that the blue recycling box at the void deck accepts metal, and thought I might as well do my little part for Mother Earth.

For ease of movement and reduce any risk of accident, given how clumsy I am, removal of this kind of jutting out nails would be necessary. 

Oops, broke the surface and revealing the chipped wood within. Quality wasn't great and I couldn't recollect the price I paid for this table, except that it's about S$200 plus, before shipping. 

Segregating the items for recycling purpose! 

So what's going to happen to the slabs of wood? I was contemplating whether to put them at the void deck but as the bin centre was just a short walk away; I decided to just bring them there myself; took me three trips as Alex was too busy with his bloody games. 

The empty space; to be frank, it's too narrow for me to get omnidesk and I could only accommodate tables with a width of only about 50 centimeters. Good for me though as omnidesk would have put a serious dent on my paltry savings.

Therefore, I got this functional beauty from vhive instead; it's in grey which is one of my preferred colors for furniture and came with drawers, which I didn't have previously. Costing me S$231.20 (including delivery and installation), let's hope it lasts longer than 5 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment