Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Maxwell Haha Mee Siam Mee Rebus @ Chinatown Complex Hawker Centre [Singapore] #chinatowncomplexhawkercentre

Mee siam is a local dish that I really enjoy but seldom have as I would often fall ill after eating it in the past. This resulted in a light phobia that's hard to shake off, especially when there are so many other local food to choose from in our little red dot.


But I couldn't draw my eyes away when I saw this Maxwell Haha Mee Siam Mee Rebus stall, which is located right next to Chef Leung's Authentic Rice Noodle Roll. At S$2.50, I thought it's quite economical and decided to give it a try, while praying I would remain fine after the meal. 

For that price, the portion was generous and you get one sliced egg, beansprouts and loads of fried bean curd, aside from the bee hoon and gravy! Lime wasn't provided but just tell the auntie and she would squeeze out some from a bottle. 

The signature sourish, piquant aroma of mee siam was nostalgic as she passed it over to me; darn, how long had it been since I last had mee siam?! Taking a large mouthful, with my mind full of anticipation! Tangy with a tinge of sweet spiciness; this didn't wow me, unfortunately.

Gravy was too watery and lacked the nutty flavour that's literally synonymous with mee siam. It's still a hearty bowl that managed to get me sweating like a pig but as far as satisfaction goes; it's not there. I heard of a good mee siam stall at circuit road; likely I would go check it out, soon! 

=====

Address 
Block 335, Smith Street, #02-95, 
Chinatown Complex Food Centre, 
Singapore 050335

Map
As above.

Non-Operating Days 
Closed on Sundays, Mondays & Public Holidays

Menu 
As above

Pricing
Mee Siam - S$2.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment