Wednesday, February 24, 2021

51 Noodle House - Signature Noodles @ Yishun Park Hawker Centre [Singapore] #yishunparkhawkercentre

I had a sudden craving for noodles the other day and decided to 'jio' (as in invite) my parents to join me for lunch at Yishun Park Hawker Centre where there were a few noodle stalls; for example, One Mouth NoodleBon Appetit Hokkien Prawn Noodle.

There were others too like the above 51 Noodle House with a chef recommended signature noodle that's like a luxurious form of bak chor mee (BCM)! While I am not that a big fan of BCM, I still decided to give it a try. psst, real reason is because it's an opportunity for me to blog about it too!  

Here it is; darn, can't even see the noodles that were partially hidden under the pile comprising pork lard, two slices of Japanese style cha shu, three meat balls, one fish ball and a perfect onsen egg. 

Zoomed in version; the cha shu was too porky for my liking and I would happily trade them for the pork balls which had a tender, QQ texture and were delicious! Fish ball was passable. The bowl of soup given tasted heavy of pork liver; not my cup of tea. Now, let's mix up everything! 

Frankly, the sous vide egg did a fantastic job in coating the noodles; making them slurpy, creamy and utterly delectable! I read the raving reviews some diners had on the pork lard but my experience was less positive as they were soggy and I was expecting a good, crispy crunch.

=====

Location
51 Yishun Avenue 11,
Yishun Park Hawker Centre,
#01-27, Singapore 768867

Map
As above.

Website

https://yishunparkhc.sg/

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Signature Noodles - S$5.50

No comments:

Post a Comment