Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Salaz Putu Piring - Same Coffee Shop as Happy Crab @ 13 Pahang Street (Near Haji Lane, Sultan Mosque) [Singapore]

One barbecued crab was all I could afford at
Happy Crab the first time I visited but when I saw Salaz Putu Piring co-located in the same coffee shop; I thought the Malay dessert would help supplement the small crustacean meal.

The package reminded me so much of the one from Traditional Haig Road Putu Piring which is well known within Singapore for their irresistible Putu Piring! By the way, we got a free pack of Salaz Putu Piring when we ordered three crabs from Happy Crab yesterday!

I once had a discussion with my friends about the differences between putu piring and kueh tutu; to me, it's primarily the use of gula melaka as the only filling for putu piring and that kueh tutu doesn't usually come with grated coconut. 

At 4 pieces for S$2.00, I can't deny that the taste of gula melaka always has the tendency to melt my heart although the above from Salaz Putu Piring not as liquified as the ones from Traditional Haig Road Putu Piring. Even the grated coconut failed to make an impression and I could honestly do without them. 

=====

Address 
13 Pahang Street 
Singapore 198614
(Near Sultan Mosque)

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
Mondays to Saturdays - 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm
(Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays)

Pricing
Putu Piring - S$2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment