Sunday, February 28, 2021

Photos of Dad at Chinatown Street Light Up!

I should have posted the following set of photographs here but I carelessly thought all of them were taken using the DSLR and forgot about the ones stored in my phone! Whatever the case, this is a personal blog and all content here would serve as nice memories to reminisce when I am older. 
 
To be honest, I am extremely grateful for the invention of digital cameras as it made it so easy (cheaper and faster) for us to capture the moments in life; like pictures of our ageing parents.

Now that I am living on my own, I do try to ask them out occasionally to "accompany" me. For mom, it would be food generally as she dislikes the sun and the heat. Dad, is more adventurous, but he is more an early bird and I find it so hard to wake up early on weekends when he isn't working.

Well, sometimes is better than never! And since the lunar new year is expected to be a muted affair, I guess it would be nice to bring him to Chinatown to look at the decorations for the annual street light up. Thank god it wasn't cancelled due to the pandemic.

Given that the area was quite crowded, we figured it would be better for him to remain masked up! Wouldn't want to risk getting a fine. Nice lantern of a kettle but my dad's eyes were closed! Shall make a mental note to recheck the photograph after taking it, in the future.

Dad with the numerous decorative lanterns along South Bridge Road, Eu Tong Sen Street and New Bridge Road, including the 10-meter tall centrepiece of a charging bull! 

Brought him to my favourite spot too but he seemed to find it quite boring. Guess he doesn't enjoy taking photographs with a bird's eye view. 

Mural artwork appeared to be quite common in Singapore nowadays and Dad is a pretty good model; which means I could always plan for mural-hunting in the future with him and hopefully before all the tourists start streaming back into Singapore! 

=====

Period for the Street Light-Up 
Until 12 March 2021

Light Up Timing
From 7.00 pm till Midnight 

No comments:

Post a Comment