Friday, May 17, 2024

Ni Spa & Massage @ Hoi An [Vietnam]

There are so many reasons for me to return to Hoi An in the near future, and one of them is to revisit Ni Spa & Massage, which was right next to La Charm Hoi An Hotel & Spa.

Commanding an impossibly high google map score of 4.9 from over 1,300 reviewers, I was skeptical when the shop was found to be devoid of customers! Nevertheless, the buy 1 get 1 free did entice us to step in and check out the services.

Service was friendly and I guess they likely didn't expect any customers at 4pm. Anyway, we signed up for the 90-minute Ni Spa Massage at 920,000 dong; about S$48. That's quite expensive at first glance but since it's buy 1, get 1 free; each of us would just pay a comfortable S$24. 

Unlike massages in places like Malaysia and Thailand, we were served with iced mineral water and coconut biscuits before our massage began. I really did need the water as it was freaking hot that afternoon! 

Feet washing - again, with a pail of warm water infused with flowers, lemongrass and lime. Aside from the visual appeal, I did feel that foot scrub with coarse salt would have been a more exfoliating experience. 

Our room for the next 90 minutes. Of course, no photos during the massage but overall, I was 101% happy with this ni spa massage!

I was literally "played" like a contortionist (something which I didn't know my body can do), with the utterly satisfying cracks at the end. I even dozed off in the middle! At numerous points, hot towels were also used to wipe down my body that was oiled for the massage; shiok!

Towels were kept hot in a rice cooker placed in the room! I was wondering where my masseur was taking the towels from since I didn't see her going out of the room. 

Once we were done with the massage, a tray consisting of two cups of passionfruit juice and a plate of nicely cut mango was placed in front of us. Yes, they were complimentary! Taste wise, much better than expected for something that I didn't anticipate in the first place!

That's not all; a basket of pouches was placed in front of us and the lady in charge mentioned it was a gift; we can each choose one to bring back home! Even though we declined the gift, the unexpected gesture was just such a nice, concluding touch to the massage. No wonder the review score was so high!

To be honest, I love the massage and even went back the next day! Only improvement, please change the music; I feel like Sun Wukong on the Journey to the West and this bloody music was on constant loop! 

=====

Address
68 Đào Duy Từ, Phường Cẩm Phổ, 
Hội An, Quảng Nam 51000, Vietnam

Map
As above. 

Price List
As above. Do note that this pricelist is the discounted one! For example, the Ni Spa Massage was indicated as 460,000 dong each, which was essentially the price for 1+1 free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment