Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Vegetable Oil Fried Carrot Cake (Black and White) @ Teck Ghee Court Hawker Centre in Ang Mo Kio [Singapore] #teckgheecourthawkercentre

Teck Ghee Court Hawker Centre in Ang Mo Kio wasn't new to me as I recall checking it out in the late afternoon around ten years back when I used to have a car. But it seemed to serve the morning crowd as many stalls had already closed for the day.

This time round, I purposely went right before lunch and even then; the pancake I wanted to try had already sold out for the day. My second option was the above stall; Vegetable Oil Fried Carrot Cake.

My sister was keen with white carrot cake whereas I have always been a black-carrot cake person. Hence, we decided to mix but I thought it's quite expensive at S$6.50 a plate! 

Touted as homemade carrot cake, I honestly couldn't tell the difference from its competitors. So far, the only one carrot cake that stands out from the rest is Song Zhou @ Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre! As expected, the white carrot cake failed to impress me. 

Black one was definitely better with the sweetened black sauce, despite the lack of an intense wok-hei that would make it even more spectacular. Furthermore, I would have preferred it sweeter. Nevertheless, I was happy to see a generous amount of eggs being thrown in and being an egg lover; it made me happy.

We were famished. And the portion was manageable. From the price list at the stall, I figured they literally just gave us two small plates of carrot cake; one white, one black. 

=====

Address
Block 341, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, 
#01-15, Teck Ghee Court Market & Food Centre,
Singapore 560341

Map
As above. 

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Black and White Carrot Cake - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment