Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Cheng Tng (Cold) from Ri Xin Cold Hot Dessert @ Chong Boon Hawker Centre [Singapore] #chongboonhawkercentre

The queue I joined was for chicken rice but my head kept veering towards the dessert stall next door. It's been a while since I last had cheng tng and the sudden craving needed immediate fulfillment! 

A nice bowl of seemingly old-school looking cheng tng appeared on my table shortly. As per my standard procedure, I took a sip of the broth chilled by the mountain of shaved iced.

The sweetness was contributed primarily by sugar syrup, instead of the more laborious recipe involving rock sugar, dried longans, red dates. Ingredients were limited to just sago, grass jelly, red jelly, white fungus and one pathetic piece of canned longan! No lotus seeds, no gingkgo nuts, no dried persimmon and no pang da hai!

Disappointment was massive; to the extent I didn't even finish the dessert (a rarity)! The craving was obviously not satisficed and the very next day, I had to make my way to Bukit Panjang Dessert (武吉班让六味汤) at Sembawang

=====

Address 
453A Ang Mo Kio Ave 10,
#01-18, Chong Boon Market & Food Centre,
Singapore 561453

Map
As above.

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
Cheng Tng - S$1.60 a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment