Saturday, October 09, 2021

Traditional Famous Prawn Mee (Branch) @ Ang Mo Kio (within Choice @ 338 Coffee Shop) [Singapore]

The brunch I had at Teck Ghee Court Hawker Centre wasn't great and I grumbled to my sister that my tummy deserved better! The opportunity arose when I stepped out of the hawker centre and notice a queue at the opposite coffee shop.

Joined the queue, I did. With a name like "Traditional Famous Prawn Mee (Branch)", I am sure there will be a lot of spinoffs but being Singaporeans, a long queue as compared to none at other stalls within the same coffee shop bears a high percentage that food should be good.

Aside from prawn noodle, there was also lor mee, and strangely, peach gum white fungus dessert, Strange because most hawker stalls don't serve noodles / rice and desserts together. Since I am no fan of lor mee, prawn noodle it shall be.

Looked that the stall operator was extremely generous with the ingredients? Reason being my sister didn't want to ingest more carbohydrate and hence the request for more ingredients! We topped up with S$2.00 worth (minimum S$1.00).

Prawns were the usual crunchy type that I enjoyed whereas the slices of fish cake and pieces of boiled meat didn't appeal to me much. I should have gone with all prawns, as I did for the prawn noodle stalls at Chong Pang Hawker Centre (here and here).

Pity the noodle had too hard a texture (undercooked) and it's not just me; even my sister felt the same way. And the sauces used seemed to lack something. How I wish I was back to Chong Pang, indulging in a bowl of Supreme Prawn Noodle (Dry) from Tian Ji Shu Shi.

Whatever the case, I don't like to waste food. Among everything, I loved the soup most as it was flavorful with strong hint of prawn. However, it was still only above average and not on the same level as those with delicious prawn broth like River South (Hoe Nam) Prawn Noodles.

=====

Address
338 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, 
Within Choice @ 338 Coffee Shop,
Singapore 560338

Map
As above.

Pricing
Prawn Noodle - S$4.00
Add Ingredients - S$2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment