Monday, October 04, 2021

Song Kee Fishball Noodle (松记鱼圆面) @ Cheng San Market & Cooked Food Centre #chengsanhawkercentre

Even though 724 Ang Mo Kio Central Hawker Centre is the most convenient for me in AMK GRC, I had gotten bored with the food there and decided to venture a bit further towards the east, where Cheng San Market & Cooked Food Centre is! 

My usual routine upon arrival at a new hawker centre, that I had yet to blog about, was to circle it twice and then decide what to eat. One basic criterion is the length of the queue and the one outside Song Kee Fishball Noodle was the longest! 

Thankfully, I didn't have to endure a long wait and manage to secure their basic S$4.00 bowl of fish ball noodle in only about 10 minutes. It may seem pricey at first but do check out the ingredients first.

They consisted of four large fish balls, one enhanced fish ball and one beancurd skin with fish paste! Given their uneven shape, my assumption is that the balls were not purchased wholesale from a factory. Nevertheless, taste matters and the only way we can find out is to dig in! 

The mee pok (flat noodle) was cooked al-dente and exhibited a slurpy wetness with its mix of ketchup and what I guess were traces of a nutty oil! Delicious and definitely one of the better noodles I have had for a long time.

Good things come in small packages but the fish balls were amazing despite being noticeably bigger than other competitors. They were smooth with a soft and bouncy, QQ texture, and didn't taste fishy. Usually for me, fish ball noodle was more about the noodle but in this case, it was a tie between the fish balls and the noodle! 

I don't know what this was and decided to label it as an enhanced fish ball. It was tasty and flavor wise; a cross between a fish ball and a sotong ball. Shall check with the operator the next time I visit.

Guess it would be soon that I would be given an answer as I had already promised my mom to bring her there for breakfast! Only issue is that I have promised her many places already; e.g. peach garden dim sum, Uya Japanese Unagi Restaurant.

=====

Address
527 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, 
#01-123, Cheng San Market & Cooked Food Centre
Singapore 560527

Map
As above.

Pricing
Fish Ball Noodle - S$4.00

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:52 AM

    just having my breadfast in ang mo kio song kee ,the noodle cook by the young boy total out。i just finish my fish ball and meat ball left all the noodle。

    ReplyDelete