Monday, October 18, 2021

Queensway Lau Tan Tutu Kueh (女皇道老陈嘟嘟糕) @ Yishun's Wisteria Mall [Singapore] #wisteriamall

The weather has finally turned cooler yesterday and with the lower temperature, I suddenly had a craving for kueh tutu! The nearest for me would be Chub TuTu Kueh but I decided to venture a little bit further as I recalled a reputable brand which had took up shop at Wisteria Mall

Queensway Lau Tan Tutu Kueh - I noticed this stall when I reviewed Hei Lun Shi Tang (Black Wheels Eatery) and it took me a good, six long months before I decided to check it out. Well, late is better than never and to me, satisfying craving is always a big push.

Unlike other food, kueh tutu or tutu kueh is often made fresh on the spot and our ever curious Alex raised a number of questions pertaining to the making process; e.g. what was the white powder stuff, how come it can stay in shape? 

Frankly, I didn't care; I just wanted pop one into my mouth! As Queensway Lau Tan Tutu Kueh is relatively famous, I had, expectedly, high hopes for the kueh tutu.

One bag of six pieces, comprising of two flavors.

Peanut Tutu Kueh - piping hot yet this gave a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling as I held it on my palm. Weather plays a very important part when it comes to food; on rainy days, bak kut teh, steamboat etc would be so desirable! 

I took a bite, imaging that this would bring me to heaven. Shockingly, it didn't. While the operator was rather generous with the crushed peanut filling, I took issue with the texture of the steamed rice flour; it was compact, hard and dry. 

Coconut Tutu Kueh - I am hoping that this would be better and that the previous peanut kueh tutu I ingested earlier was just an anomaly. 

The grated coconut filling was moist and contrasted better with the dryness of the steamed rice flour but the hard texture remained unchanged. I think it's better for me to go for Chub TuTu Kueh or Haig Road Putu Piring @ Northpoint City Mall in the future. 

=====

Address

598 Yishun Ring Road, #B1-K13, 
Wisteria Mall, Singapore 768698

Menu
As above.

Website

Pricing
Peanut Tutu Kueh - S$2.00 for 3 pieces
Coconut Tutu Kueh - S$2.00 for 3 pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment