Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Climb Up the Bell Tower @ Wat Chalong in Phuket [Thailand]

I should be expending my energy at the 61-meter tall Phramahathat Chedi in Wat Chalong but when i saw the bell tower in front of the main temple; i thought we might as well give it a try. 

And thank Buddha, it's open access for everyone or anyone! 

Drum that didn't seem secure; wouldn't it be safer for the ceiling anchor to hook to the drum directly instead of having to connect both ends with a wire? 

Halfway up; the design of Thai temples always marvels me with their use of eye-catching colours and unique ornamental motifs! The other kind of temples that intrigues me would be those of Taoism.

A mango tree?

Yes, we reached the top! This reminded me of the climb my dad and i did to the pavilion on the peak of Xilang Hill in Yangshuo which was a lot more tedious! 

There's something on top of the hill in front of us! 

The famous Phuket's Big Buddha! We actually paid it a visit on the same trip and you would be expecting a lengthy posting about the iconic structure in a few weeks' time.

Dad again; compared to him, i am a lot less brave as my father isn't afraid of height and if you throw him in a jungle with no lights, he can survive whereas his son (as in me) wouldn't be able to. 

Like in the above photo; i was so frightened that i would miss my footing and fell over the railing! Trust me, the fear was real and i did the one thing that i know will work; descend with my butt. It's a life-saving measure i have used twice before; once in Guilin (Yangshuo) and another time in Hunan (Tianmen Mountain).

=====

Location 
Within Wat Chalong
Phuket, Thailand. 


What else i did in Phuket

No comments:

Post a Comment