Thursday, February 29, 2024

The View of Taichung City from Freshfields Hotel in Taiwan

A hotel is just a place to sleep but it's often a bonus when something else pops out! In the case of
Freshfields Hotel at Taichung in Taiwan; the bonus lies beyond this door by the side of the lobby! 

Stepping into the arena; we were greeted with the night view of Taichung City! Honestly, my photos didn't do it any justice; p.s. I am horrible with night shots.

Dad with the background of the night cityscape.

Swimming pool of Freshfields Hotel; as we were already in the winter season, swimming wasn't on my to-do list. In addition, signing up for a tour package means a pretty packed itinerary and my previous time would be better spent in the gym.

The allure of lights

A different sight greeted us the next morning! And I was happier to soak in the view given the cool temperature and that photographs turned out to be way better. Time: 6.35am.

A refreshed dad who enjoyed the climate more than the scenery. Can't blame him as he is very much in love with mountains, rivers and seas whereas I am more into a mix of everything. 

Panorama of Taichung City, with the Central Mountain Range behind. 

Looks so mystical with a layer of mist arising from the base. It's a pity that the hotel didn't have some sort of signage to point out places of attractions, like Fengchia night market, Taichung's tallest building etc.

I did notice this colorful chimney which was from the Taichung City Refuse Incineration Plant. Guess it's necessary to have something positive to reduce the negativity associated with its purpose. 

Personally, I did enjoy staying at Freshfields Hotel, which was one of the more memorable ones for my Taiwan trip. You would read more about it on my review for the hotel, which also has a hot spring! 

Just a teaser - the view from my hotel room. 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment