Saturday, February 24, 2024

Deluxe Queen Room 2641 in Tower 2 - Back Again in 2024 @ KSL Hotel and Resort in Johor Bahru in Malaysia

Once the borders reopened, I have been an even more frequent visitor of Johor Bahru in Malaysia and my record can be almost weekly at one point. As usual, KSL Mall is a must visit for the massages and earlier this year; I even booked a staycation at KSL Hotel and Resort

My last stay was almost seven years ago so I guess it's timely for an update, especially with the deterioration of Holiday Villa that was pretty obvious for my stay last year. 

Most people would recognize the set of lifts which would be the nearest to the hotel check in lobby, and opposite Starbucks. The above set was for Tower 1 and ones for Tower 2 was all the way at the back! 

Room assigned: 2641. Do bear in mind that the highest floor was 27. Nowadays, I would indicate under special request, when I book online, that I would prefer higher floor, and extra pillows! 

Lift landing on 26th floor.
Opposite would be Tower 1.

Corridor was the dim kind but the windows on both ends brought in much natural illumination that somehow made such corridors less eerie. 

Room
Room 2641; knock knock and we were in! 

At 26 square meters, this Deluxe Queen Room wasn't huge although sufficient enough. Bed was  so comfortable; Alex almost wanted to ask about the brand so that he can replace the one at home! 

Pathetically small table although not an issue for me since I don't use. Alex is a heavy user since he has the tendency to buy snacks and binge while watching television.

View in front of us. 
Better remain fully clothed.

Swimming pool right below us. 

View outside our room over two days. 
For this staycation, we booked for two nights.

Across the water, where the three chimneys were, would be Singapore. I always wonder how the Coast Guard plans their patrol routes and maintains surveillance to prevent illegal crossing since the Johor Strait isn't that wide and I am confident people can easily swim across. 

Pretty small television screen, on stands, together with the provision of in-room safe and mini fridge. Since I have the tendency to bring along my laptop, in case of emergency whereby I need to work, the safe is a must-have for me.

Wardrobe with ironing board and iron.
Electric kettle and bottled water.

Now the washroom. Basic toiletries but I must say the bottle of shower gel was too small and a squeeze almost dispensed half of its content! That's too little, especially since Singaporeans have the tendency to shower twice a day! 

Toilet with non-electronic bidet! As I have mentioned a few times, I am surprised that most hotels don't provide this. Think about the amount of toilet paper you would save; that's cost saving and also a drive to sustainability! 

Bathtub with rainfall shower. As you can probably see, there were mold at the edges of the bathtub and given the strength of the showerhead, the flooring was guaranteed to be wet after shower! In addition, the shower screen had a smell. Adding to the complaints was that the towels were too thin! 

Gymnasium
Rules and regulations as above; I think this is the first time I am reading that "anyone with any kind of bad skin condition would be prohibited from using the gym"! Pimples considered as bad skin condition?

Before you step into the section with gym equipment, you would notice one table tennis table and one pool table. So instead of being term as a gym, I would say this is more an activity centre! 

An easier to read notice.
Love the "spare a thought for others".

Gym equipment were varied and for the price I am paying for the hotel room; absolutely worth every cent. Personally, this would be one of the main reasons for choosing KSL Hotel and Resort in the future.

Pool
Well, having a pool in the middle of two towering blocks filled with hotel rooms isn't a great idea for those who prefer a bit of privacy. Anyway, it's not huge and generally more popular with families. 

There's this Dinosaur Water Theme Park that's just next to the pool; separate admission charges at RM 20.00 per person (regardless of adult / kid). It's not that expensive although again, I would prefer paying more for a bigger one with more rides and features.

Floats were not for free?! 

=====

Address
33, Jalan Seladang, Taman Abad, 
80250 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Map
As above 

Pricing
Deluxe Queen Room - S$72.18 a night
(booked via Trip.com)

Additional Information
One key advantage staying at KSL Hotel and Resort would be its proximity to the KSL mall, which was literally just downstairs! And I kid you not, Singaporeans can spend the whole day in the mall, without even stepping out. 

Another advantage; for most hotels, we would have to check out by noon. And if you are not keen to return to Singapore so early, you can deposit your luggage at the concierge so that you can continue to eat and shop at KSL mall to your heart's content! 

No comments:

Post a Comment