Friday, March 01, 2024

Space Cafe @ Holiday Villa Hotel in Johor Bahru [Malaysia]

In August 2023, I chanced upon Space Cafe which was located on the ground floor of my accommodation that time; Holiday Villa Hotel. However, I didn't manage to visit as I had plans to go elsewhere. 

Fast forward to last week, I met up a Malaysian friend who is moving back to Kuala Lumpur and remembering the clean and sleek cafe; we decided to check it out! 

Using metal chairs, metal tables, I thought it felt more sanitized than space-like. Whatever the case, space can mean ample space rather than the vast void outside our planet. And friends would know food remains top priority for me when it comes to any eatery.

Expensive looking espresso machine! I am actually not so much a drinker for Western coffee, preferring the cheaper local version. However, there are interesting coffee beverages that differ from your typical  latte, mocha etc.

A pity the cafe was almost running out of pastries, and this was only 5pm! Well, I should be happy I still managed to have something to eat for teatime. 

Glass containers housed some of the embellishments for the interesting coffee beverages I mentioned earlier. Given the timing (coffee too late in the day can affect sleep), I didn't opt for one.

Garlic Confit - I am actually a fan of garlic (to the extent I will die as a vampire) and ordering was a no brainer when the remaining pastries failed to catch my attention.

Similar to garlic bread although this was crispier and richer in flavor, and blessed with layers of pastry that feel like a cross between garlic bread and croissants. 

Peach Blossom - my friend's drink which I didn't try. My friend did comment that it was rich of peach and surprisingly; the taste of coffee and peach did match! 

Grapelicious - for a moment, I thought this was watermelon juice! It turned out to be so refreshing with its blended ice and grapes; rolling between the spectrum of sourness and sweetness, with pieces of jelly and grape pulp! This would be so appealing to people of my age group, and older! 

Caramel Biscotti Coffee
- Alex joined us and ordered one of the seven interesting coffee beverages on the menu of Space Coffee. As you can see, it's a bit like deconstructed coffee where the espresso was separate.

Damn, it had its own namecard, listing the ingredients. I am not huge on the origin of the coffee beans, so long the overall flavor appeals to me. 

The mix-in! Alex didn't express much on the coffee which he thought was okay; he was more impressed with the caramel biscotti which was like biting into pieces of dried honeycomb that wasn't terribly sweet. 

=====

I will return at an earlier timing next time so that I can check out the rest of the interesting coffee beverages like Holy Grape, Mocha Fantasy etc. 

Address
G-11, Holiday Villa, 260, Jalan Dato Sulaiman, 
Taman Abad, 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
8am till 12am

Menu
As above. 

Pricing
Garlic Confit - RM 7.50
Peach Blossom - RM 18.00
Grapelicious - RM 22.00
Caramel Biscotti Coffee - RM 18.00
(Subject to Service Charge and Taxes)

No comments:

Post a Comment