Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Good Luck Boneless Chicken Rice (好运起骨鸡饭) @ Yishun Block 769 [Singapore]

I would sometimes jog in the afternoons on weekends and given the harsh UV rays, the best option was to jog along the sheltered walkways that connected most blocks in Yishun!

One of my favorite routes was towards the swimming pool and I can't help noticing the queue in front of this specific chicken rice stall that was in an obscure coffeeshop.

The usual me would pull out Google Maps and check if there was a tag for the stall known as Good Luck Boneless Chicken Rice. Turned out it had a high 4.8 review rating score! p.s. number of reviewers stands at 14 though.

Our meal of half roast chicken with a bowl of soup and two plates of chicken rice. I don't eat chicken rice often as it's a must to eat the sinfully flavorful rice, and as some of you are aware, I am on a constant crusade to reduce my starch intake! 

Stupid me doesn't recognize what this vegetable is. Nevertheless, I love the crunch of the vegetable although the soup was pretty bland; which wasn't a bad thing given our government's recent fight against excessive sodium in our food.

Aside from the lack of sodium in the soup, I was surprised that the chicken rice also appeared to be relatively dry, without the oily sheen seen on the grains which are common in other chicken rice stalls.

Deboned half roasted chicken - you have the option for steamed chicken too but I am not a fan of pale looking, gelatinous chicken skin. Favorite of course would be deep fried, crispy chicken skin!   

Take a look at the meat; looked so tender and juicy right!? A first bite of the meat confirmed my review of the texture was correct but interestingly; the taste was a bit flat and lacked the wow factor. From what I had mentioned so far, I am wondering if people flocked over for the seemingly "healthier" chicken rice.

Combining all the ingredients make for a better taste; rice was fragrant, chilli was the tongue-numbing spicy kind and the sauce that drenched the chicken was the crucial umami that made this an above average chicken rice! 

Since this was the rare occasion I am having chicken rice, I literally cleaned up everything! However, given that chicken rice is a "treat" once in a blue moon, I guess I would go for the more sinful yet tastier Qi Le Boneless Chicken Rice (opposite Yishun MRT station) in the future. 

=====

Address
769 Yishun Ave 3, #01-277, 
Within 31 Coffee Shop,
Singapore 760769

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Half Roasted Chicken - S$14.00
Rice - S$0.70 per plate

No comments:

Post a Comment