Saturday, February 03, 2024

Lunch @ Hua Lu Flower Home in Miaoli [Taiwan]

There are many advantages to join a tour package and for my dad; the provision of meals was a big advantage whereas I am definitely not as keen since it means I have lesser stomach space to try local food. 

I do recognize that it did save me a lot of time from thinking where to have food and what to order. For today, it's our first lunch of our Taiwan tour package last December and this took place in one of the eateries at Hua Lu Flower Home.

Despite being a relatively famous attraction, the restaurant didn't seem to have any customers except for tour groups. That, to me, was pretty telling but since this meal was already paid for as part of the package fee, I would go through the "process".

It would hard to blog as we would be dining as a group of ten, comprising of different families, and I don't think it's nice for people to stop people from taking food just because I need to take photographs. Hence, some dishes might be either missing, or missing a few portions.

Typical of tour package in Asia countries, you would have a variety consisting of at least one dish for soup, fish, vegetables, meat. Honestly, a balance meal that the older generation would prefer. p.s. I enjoyed the fresh and crunchy prawns! 

Another dish that I had been craving for since my last trip to Taiwan (in 2014 by the way) was guomai vegetables! This was memorable although it was a bit undercooked, resulting in a texture that was raw tasting and not as crunchy. 

Nonetheless, it was a slightly above average meal. 
Good enough to fill the stomach and tame the hungry monster.

=====

Location
369, Taiwan, Miaoli County, 
Zhuolan Township, Taiwan 
(Within Hua Lu Flower Home)

Map
As above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment