Saturday, February 10, 2024

Noi Bai International Airport Terminal 2 - Departure Hall @ Hanoi in Vietnam

Arrival at Noi Bai International Airport Terminal 2 for our flight back to Singapore! The seven days in Hanoi have been fun and to be frank, I don't mind returning in the near future! 

Joining the queue for checking in to the airline. We have been too pampered in Singapore as I eschewed physical check-in, preferring the speedier self check-in that's quite common at Changi International Airport

Your last chance to grab Vietnamese souvenirs before going into the restricted area. As expected, prices were high although it didn't stop me from grabbing more items in case I didn't have sufficient for distribution to my family and friends back in Singapore.

Departure hall at Noi Bai International Airport Terminal 2 actually didn't have that many branded outlets although we had yet to reach the main thoroughfare of the 996-meter long terminal which opened in 2012.

You wouldn't get lost here as it's just one entire stretch up and down with shops on one side and the gates on the other. Given the length, I can easily have a 2.4-kilometer jog even though I bet the security would stop me. 

A small airplane themed playground for kids. 

Free pure drinking water; for someone who doesn't take sugary drinks nowadays, this was a godsend as mineral water is usually priced quite ridiculously in the airports. 

Lunch beckoned and it's hard to decide what to have. Something familiar, like Starbucks, or bear the risk by having expensive local cuisine that I should already have my fill in the past week.

Familiarity won and we had Burger King! I couldn't remember how much was the meal since Alex made the decision; I did enjoy my fried chicken though. 

After a great meal, walking would be a great way to aid in digestion and it's time to check out the rest of the shops along the almost one-kilometer stretch.

Only thing is that the things sold in every shop were almost all the same! I wonder if they were all from the same boss, just having different company name and interior design. 

I am not big on display souvenirs but snacks would be something that caught my eye. Should I get more of the cashew nuts with skin, or Vietnamese addictive lotus seeds?

When you search for food souvenirs to buy in Hanoi, you would come across Marou, a chocolate brand said to be "The Vietnam's Finest Artisan Chocolate". For the past seven days, I had been keeping a look out for it but never did find it for sale.

p.s. there were in fact quite a few outlets, one of which was near Bonsella Hotel. Guess I must have been blind! Nevertheless, I shall keep a lookout for it in my upcoming trip to Danang! 

Reason for keeping a lookout at Danang? Aside from the expected higher prices in the airport, the currency used within the departure hall was also in US dollars! This small bar already cost US$7! 

Time to board soon! 

=====


No comments:

Post a Comment