Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Xoi Banh Mi Kim Huong near Hoan Kiem Lake @ Hanoi [Vietnam]

Xoi Banh Mi Kim Huong was less than a hundred meters walk from Bonsella Hotel and with a perfect rating of 5.0 on Google Map, I decided to buy one banh mi, to try out, right before we were to leave for the airport! 

Main menu was in Vietnamese but step closer to the counter and you would find an English one; darn, the most expensive banh mi was priced at just 30,000 dong! That's like less than S$1.70.

I was glad I went at the right timing as the line started building up right after I ordered! It might appear I was quite relaxed but the truth was I was rushing for time, and I didn't know how long the lady boss will take to make my bread! 

Thankfully, she was quite quick.

In less than six minutes, I got my completed grilled pork bread right in this paper bag! From the feel of the bread, I got an inkling that the banh mi would lose out on the crispiness factor. 

Lightly toasted, the tomato sauce and mayonnaise made all the difference as the grilled pork wasn't strongly marinated and seasoned, and I felt it was disappointing that there weren't any pickled vegetables, an ingredient necessary to make this Vietnamese dish authentic. 

=====

Address
28 P. Báo Khánh, Hàng Trống, 
Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Map
As above. 

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Grilled Pork Bread - 30,000 Dong


No comments:

Post a Comment