Saturday, December 09, 2023

The Fat Cow Yaowarat @ Chinatown in Bangkok [Thailand]

It was a relaxing drinking session at Rabbit Hill Bar in Bangkok Chinatown but since it was our last night; I was keen to check out a pretty popular burger bar that's just about a hundred meters away even though I was a bit tipsy.

The Fat Cow Yaowarat! 
Not to be confused with The Fat Cow in Singapore.

Maybe due to the drizzle and that it was a Monday; we were the only customers at about 10.00 pm. On second thought, what the heck was I thinking to have burger so late at night!? It must be the effect of the alcohol I had earlier at Rabbit Hill.

The 'scene' on the second floor and also the open-air seating on the rooftop. If the weather had been better, I would have preferred the rooftop area. However, it was a blessing in disguise as we had a great time talking to the friendly staff on the ground floor.

Lee Ti Miew Shrine right across! 

These looked so lifelike! In my unsteady stupor and at first glance, I almost thought these were indeed cats playing on a ledge near the staircase. Whatever the case, the food was ready once I am back at my table after checking out the top levels. 

Juice - Alex's order. Would you order juice in a restaurant? I usually wouldn't as I don't think it was worth the price and I can never be too sure if syrup would be added. Nonetheless, this cost just 60 baht, about S$2.20. 

Pork Sausage on Mashed Potatoes - sausage was moist and juicy but again, my dislike for mashed potatoes mean I am better off without them! p.s. apology for the blurred photo! 

The Fat Cow Burger - 100% premium minced beef with lettuce, tomatoes and fried onions, the fat cow version included home smoked bacon, onion jam, pickles and aioli! There were eight other burgers to choose from! 

Loving the buttery, tender minced beef patty and also the soft burger bun, with the caramelized onions sealing the deal . While this was a burger I would glad indulge in again, the burgers I had at Woodfire were better! With 8 other types that I had yet to try, I am sure I will be back again! 

===== 

Address
36/12 Yi Sip Song Karakadakhom 1 Rd, 
Pom Prap, Pom Prap Sattru Phai, 
Bangkok 10100, Thailand
(near Wat Mangkon MRT Station)

Map
As above. 

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Pork Sausage on Mashed Potatoes - 200 Baht
The Fat Cow Burger - 310 Baht
Orange Juice - 60 Baht

No comments:

Post a Comment