Saturday, December 23, 2023

Taking Time-lapsed Video in Laika Cafe @ Shark Jaw Building [Hanoi, Vietnam]

Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square is like a roundabout where the fountain served as the landmark for motor vehicles. I was keen to take time-lapsed videos and the neighboring, and iconic Shark Jaw building was definitely a good choice given its height and the availability of open-air seating! 

Understanding that it was my last official full day in Hanoi, I knew I didn't have much time to procrastinate any more, and took the elevator to Laika Cafe situated on the upper levels of Shark Jaw Building.

My delicious blueberry iced tea that cost 59,000 dong (about S$3.20)! In Singapore, such a drink in cafes would have set me back by at least S$6.00 and I am being conservative here. 

Sights in front of me which included Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square. Now, if you are wondering where the traffic lights were, there was none and it's fascinating how motorists navigate with vehicles coming from all directions! 

I actually took a time-lapsed video at Cong Caphe earlier that day but angle was on the low side. This angle and elevation at Laika Café would give us a wider view. 

Hoan Kiem Lake - the legendary lake can be seen in its entirety from the above photograph. Given that Bonsella Hotel was just a hundred meters from the lake, I visited almost every day!

Only regret at that moment was Ngoc Son Temple although I did finally make a trip there on my very last day in Hanoi. And I must give you a teaser here; it's interesting and well worth the admission fee! 

Coming to our main objective of our visit. 
The time-lapsed video. 

=====

Address
1 P. Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hàng Trống, 
Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Map
As above. 

Operating Hours
7am till 11pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment