Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Kem Hồ Tây - Ice Cream from the West Lake @ Hanoi [Vietnam]

I spent quite a bit of time exploring Tran Quoc Pagoda and it's a given that our dear Alex, who isn't into temples, to be somewhere else. A call to him after I stepped out revealed that he was across the road.

In the above one-storey building that I assumed to be a little cafe.

Wrong assumption as there was a pretty huge sitting area! What kind of amazed me was how empty the place was since the temple right across was very famous and it was blessed with a location right next to Hanoi's largest lake! 

Vanilla Cone - it was a hot day and I can't resist getting ice cream! Strangely, I was quoted two for 25,000 dong instead of just one. Taste wise, it was creamy although I didn't quite like the cone. Nonetheless, still a cool respite! 

Cream Cup - it's like three mini scoops of ice cream ordered by another friend. I think the taste was okay although I was puzzled as this order was from another counter and I wondered the reasons for having a few counters within the same establishment.

Weirdest thing was that there's another counter on the other end, that focused more on takeaways, and had a design that seemed to have been maintained for a few decades. p.s. it didn't escape my end that cream cone cost only between 8,000 and 10,000 dong. Was I deceived in paying two for 25,000 dong!? 

=====

Address
801 Đ. Thanh Niên, Trúc Bạch, 
Ba Đình, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Map
As above. 

Pricing
\
Vanilla Cone - 25,000 Dong for two cones
Cream Cup - 25,000 Dong

No comments:

Post a Comment