Sunday, June 11, 2023

Rabbit Hill Bar -Chinese Tapas and Craft Beer Bar @ Bangkok (Near Chinatown's Wat Mangkon MRT Station) [Thailand]

Going back to my
Bangkok trip in July 2022, I remember walking past a unique façade which was just doors away from the Live Local Cafe; a narrow, multi-storey building with a traditional Chinese roof, door, window, wooden bench, and a signboard in English and Chinese. 

Curiosity was piqued and I made a mental note to check it out on my next trip, which materialized in February 2023, and I gave a customary knock using the ring held on by the supposed 9th son of the dragon king; Jiaotu (椒圖)! 

Interior design of Rabbit Hill Bar was eye-striking; specifically the blood red walls! After which, your eyes would dawn on the wooden tables and chairs so often found in inns showcased in Chinese period drama serials, and the bar counter at the far end.

There's also the rabbit hill name and logo near the entrance. Do you know that in China, rabbits are sometimes used as reference for gay men and there's a god in Taiwan that's a patron saint for homosexuals? Read here to find out more. 

Live band corner next to the entrance. Thank god we were early as we were seated just right in front and I honestly prefer to be further away from live band performances, where I can still soak in the music while being able to chat with my companions. 

Wall mural that stood out from the red walls that adorned almost the entirety of the beer bar. I love how the operators attempt to incorporate elements of retro vintage into a space that had both modern and antiquated designs. 

Steep staircase leading up to level two; I recognized the four words, with one of them meaning ghost. However, Chinese is complicated and in this case, you have to combine it with the word below to give it another meaning, which means Caucasians. 

Second floor was just red.
Reminded me of a haunted room.

Looking down to level one.
Even the lanterns were blood red. 

With the old-school table lamp, which you can switch on and off via the pulled cord, it almost felt like we went back to our school-going days, and we can lay out some homework and work on them! 

My mom and younger sister! It has been a while since my mom last visited Bangkok and I thought to bring her to experience the night life. Strangely, I have never brought her to experience night life in Singapore before.

I love beer on taps, and there were six to choose from at Rabbit Hill Bar! Sadly, I am not very adventurous and I kind of dislike beer that were overly strong and bitter. Safest for me would be Japanese beer, lighter and smoother. The operators were nice though and allowed sampling for two; both of which were too bitter. Hence, Sapporo it shall be!

You can also choose other types of canned beer and cider from the fridges. Sorry, if I want to drink canned beer, I would buy some, put them at home, and have them while watching movies on Netflix. I wouldn't buy canned beer in bars, which would have cost me a bomb! 

This asshole bought a canned of coke! Why?! Thankfully, unlike bars in Singapore, the coke cost only about S$2.00, a reasonable pricing that wasn't as ridiculous as S$10. p.s. we paid that amount at the now closed 1-Altitude Rooftop Bar & Lounge in Singapore

Mom and her one-pint Sapporo beer!

What's drinking without any bar sides?! That's really bad for me as it would mean having additional food intake that psychologically differs from main meals! And I have the tendency to much, and munch while drinking beer. 

Loving the above bar appetizers; the beer skewers, the grilled arabiki sausages, the bacon with corn and the grilled scallops. Special mention on the beef skewers which had that texturing juicy bites of chewiness and fattiness, and cost only 150 baht. Scallops were grilled perfectly, plump and hyped with sprinklings of dried shrimp! 

An enjoyable night, no doubt! 

=====

Address
1 Thanon Santiphap, Pom Prap, 
Pom Prap Sattru Phai, Bangkok 10100, Thailand
(Walking distance from Wat Mangkon MRT station)

Map
As above.

Facebook Page

Pricing
As above for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment