Saturday, December 16, 2023

Pela Thai Massage near Siam BTS Station in Bangkok [Thailand]

Alex and I decided to go back to Lek Authentic Massage near Siam BTS station for our last Thai massage in Bangkok but I can't help noticing that there were quite a number of massage parlors along the stretch! Hence, we decided to try something new! 

Relaxing expression for the lady on the billboard caught our attention and a check on Google Maps revealed a high 4.9 rating from over 1,000 reviewers! The deal was sealed.

The lack of customers could be a warning sign but we had to note it was 3pm on a Monday afternoon. Nonetheless, we opted for the 60 minutes Pela Signature Thai Massage. While waiting for our masseurs, let's save some mobile data by using the free Wi-Fi.

Going past the foot massage space with its comfortably plush chairs! Unlike Alex, I always prefer body massage over foot massage; my argument is that it's slightly higher pricing for a more holistic experience. 

Of course, we had already changed to this pair of straw slippers! 

And also went through the routine feet washing. This, to me, should be the norm as the masseurs would massage your feet with their bare hands but I have encountered instances where this step was eliminated with the cheaper massage parlors.  

Upper floors with a Japanese Zen feel that's also brightly lighted up. Some parlors prefer a darker theme said to be more relaxing for the soul. Which one would you prefer? 

I am alright with both although it was more refreshing at Pela Thai Massage. To me, it can be quite frustrating when you were all relaxed after a massage, only to be hit with the bright sunlight when yo
u step out. 

My bed for the next one hour. 

Alex was next door, but I wonder the need for this half segment wall. Anyway, the room had a physical clock where I can be sure that my hour wouldn't be shortchanged.

The masseur was good; steady yet strong fingers rubs and totally on point. I was on the verge of falling into dreamland when I heard what appeared to be the croaking from toads.

Please watch with volume; turn it up. Please be assured that Alex prefers massages that are hard and such sounds coming from him signify satisfaction! 

Since it's hard for me to go into dreamland, I took the opportunity to take a few pictures. It's quite amazing how far back can someone bends, and Alex isn't known for his flexibility.

Ending the massage session with a cup of hot tea! In all honesty, I enjoyed the massage, loved the ambience and absolutely recommend Pela Thai Massage! 

A good massage equates happiness. 

=====

Address
412 5-6 Siam Square Soi 6, 
Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Pathum Wan, 
Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Map
As above.

Menu
As above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment